The Highway Ranger will be visiting Fleggburgh Parish in the next 3 months if there is work identified for their attention. If you have any specific highway maintenance issues, please let Jimmy, the Parish Clerk, know by 28th May 2019 so that he can write a report and pass on these concerns to Norfolk County Council. His e-mail address is [email protected]
The key concern is maintaining the safety of the road network. At this time of year the following highway defects are generally the highest priority:
• Potholes – an accurate location and dimensions (including depth) really help NCC to judge their priority.
• Regular incidences of Standing water – location and area affected are important, in addition any knowledge of any features which may be blocked, does the ponding eventually clear over time, does this only occur during heavy rain. Recently heavy rain falls and wash from fields has caused issues over which we sometimes have no control. NCC can clear gulley pots and back ditches and grips within the highway boundary.
Other maintenance activities are listed below. These may be identified for action but will be lower priority and given a longer timescale for completion.
• Side out a carriageway or footway – where an encroachment of silt, verge growth or weeds etc has reduced the width of the carriageway or footway
• Hedge/Tree/Vegetation Encroachments – NCC will intervene where important signs are obstructed from view. Ideally, where encroachments exist NCC would contact the property owner so they may make their own arrangements at their own expense. Any information leading to identifying who is responsible for a certain feature will both be treated in confidence and reduce the time taken for the issue to be addressed.
• Damaged or dirty signs – If a damaged sign has been recovered, details of where this can be collected will be appreciated
Please provide as much information as possible including the exact location and specific concerns. NCC aim to provide feedback on the work which has been carried out during the visit; this will follow within a few weeks.